Tricks To Commit!
Struggling with that motivation lately? It happens. Motivation is a by product of other mindsets. It comes as a result of focus. We are not always going to be all in or feel like we have what it takes. Just remember why you started. Set your bottom line and hang in there. These are some of my tips and tricks I use when I am feeling a little less than motivated. Even implementing one at a time can help you stay focused and committed to your goals.
My Tips To Commit:
1. Do something. Just give yourself 5 minutes a day to move, write or meditate. The act of "doing" inspires motivation. More often than not, you will find yourself hungry to do more.
2. Try working out in the morning. I know the thought of getting up before the sun is crazy for some. However, in my experience. The clients who show up first thing, tend to eat better for the day. Focus better and are more consistent on maintaining their routine. PLUS, they seem to stay on top of their results. This is because they do not miss their sessions. Especially, with the warm weather coming. Sneaking in your workout before work. Leaves the evening or afternoons for you to enjoy some sunshine.
3. Sign up for a challenge. The restricted timeline can act as a great motivator to stay focused. The idea of challenge, build outer accountability. You may just do well with your eye on the prize.
4. Show me the MONEY! This one is fun. You can put a small amount of money aside. Try giving it to a trusted friend or loved one. The purpose here is to try and earn it back. You can put aside enough for a new pair of runners or a dress you’ve had your eyes on. Set the parameters. For each workout, you earn $1 back. Collect all the moula and go get that reward!
5. Visual it. The idea of seeing yourself "fit" is one way to manifest it. Believe it now and see it later. You can use photos, old clothes, new clothes. It is the start of believing in yourself.
The point is that even to stay motivated requires action. It is not a natural state of being. It is also normal that when we feel unmotivated it can be discouraging. You assume because your not "feeling" it that you must not be able to do it. It challenges our belief in ourselves. However, before you decide on failure. Ask yourself. Do you still want the same goal? More often than not, the answer is yes. You still want the same things. You just are feeling a little unmotivated. All you need to is be aware, recognize your wants and go digging. Rest and restore. Stick to your appointments and come out stronger and more focused because of it. I hope these help you if your having a hard time staying motivated. If you like the tips, please comment, like and share with someone who may also find them handy!