Are You On A Crash Diet? 5 Signs That You Are
Crash Diets are everywhere, usually presented with a short time line and a set of abs with a bow. However, these programs lack sustainablity and often do not prepare you for what comes next. They are short; diligent and intense.
How do you know if your on a crash diet? Here are 5 signs that can help you determine if you are.
1. Your energy is drained. Food is meant to provide energy. If your energy levels are low, it can be a sign your intake is too low.
2. Your counting calories. This develops an unhealthy relationship with food. Obsessing over your calories pulls attention away from food quality. Being mindful of what we eat is what makes the lifestyle change healthy and sustainable. Choosing nutritious food is where to put your energy.
3. Cutting out a food group. Our body requires a balance of all macronutrients. They fuel us and makes us feel food. They also transport all those precious micronutrients that nourish our body. Eating like this can put your body at risk and leave you feeling deprived.
4. You can't sleep. A restless night is often an inidcator of deficiency in your nutrition. Cutting calories and macronutrients can be effecting the quality of your rest. In return elevating your cortisol levels.
5. Your MOODY! Restrictive diets affect our brain chemicals. Throwing off our hormones. In turn you become moody, anxious and depressed. If you are edgy on the regular or hangry often. This can slow down weightloss plans because the body typically responds with cravings. Resulting in binging. Then you enter the circle of yo-yo dieting.
Remember, nutrition can take time to find your bodies happy place. Yes, being mindful of choosing healthy food is a component to burning fat or loosing weight. However, one should not be starving always, moody, restless or deprived. Listen to your body and adapt accordingly. We should be in control of what we eat, not feeling controlled by our food.