10 Ways To Lose Inches, Crush Stress, and Sleep More
We want it all and I believe you deserve to have it all. More sleep, less stress and a lean and healthy body. It doesn't always come easy. It takes work. It takes consistency. It takes a legit, no bullshit approach. It requires personal accountability and self care. So if you want to have it all. You need to some work. It doesn't magically happen. It gets a little uncomfortable at times. When you are reseting your life, you can feel like your whole life is going through a detox. You may sleep worse before it gets better, you may feel more bloated, you may get head aches. These are signs that body is changing, a shift is happening. Give it time and a real effort. Trying one day and giving up for the rest of the week won't cut it. It is something you need to work on each day. This doesn't mean you need to strive for perfection. There is no growth in perfection. Be prepared to be disappointed, frustrated and even overwhelmed. These feeling signal us to continue our pursuit to change. Quitting is not a progression forward, moving forward is. It is about recreating your associations for happier and better ones. Here are some tips on how to get started.
My Top 10 Tips to improving your health and results.
1. Go to bed earlier. Be in bed by 10pm. Sleep is a hot commodity in my life. I honour it. It is the pivotal point of my routine. The foundation of my success each day.
2.Get up earlier. Start your day at 6am. Studies have shown this vastly improves ones productivity.
3. Eat more vegetables. 5-7 servings a day. Toss them in each meal, snack on them. Eat more plants, period. They are loaded with all those Micronutrients. The stuff that makes us feel REAL GOOD.
4. Drink more water. 2-3 litres a day. A hydrated body glows better, detoxifies better and helps against fatigue.
5. Take mental breaks throughout the day. Reduce your stress by taking time away. Start with 5 minute breaks and work your way up to 15 minutes. You should do this at least 2x a day.
6. Stand Up. If you work at a desk. Take moments to stand up. Improve your air flow with opening up your posture.
7. Limited your caffeine to one cup a day and before lunch. This will help improve your sleep quality.
8. Move your body daily. It can only 15 minutes.
9. Reduce your screen time. Shut down all devices at least one hour before bed. The brain needs time to change gears after a full day of stimulation.
10. Be a GOOD HUMAN. Be kind, patient and loving to yourself and others.
A healthy mind, leads to a healthy body which leads to a happy life. Movement is the catalyst to this. It helps reduce stress and makes us feel good. However, working out only takes a little time each day. Therefore, a lot of the work goes into your self care each and every day. Reduce your stress and you will see results. Sleep more and you will results. Move some and you see results. Find your balance.