5 Tips for Setting Goals For The New Year, NOW.
The New Year is right around the corner and it's the time of year people really start thinking about what they want their next year to look like. However, how come the new year is flooded with so much motivation to get start but a high percentage of people who start their year off strong end up falling off and by December of they are right back where they started?
I believe this is a by product of focus. When it comes to goal setting, we need a plan. A clear and opened mind set that is ready to do what it takes to chase the goal you have set out. Setting goals while you are still contemplating is like having one foot out the door. When your in, your in. You need to let go of excuses, find the time. You want it, you will make it happen. You will get up a little earlier if you need to or give up a little time in the evening. You will be able to to do this because you will be prepared. You will have sorted out a schedule with your spouse, partner, families. However, if you are not good at managing your time? Coaches can help you with this. Training is just one component to what many of us do. We are here to support you, that includes strategies to improve your lifestyle. You won't always have good days and you may make mistakes but if you have a focused plan, you will just adapt your methods and keep pushing forward. Therefore, if you are ready? Than commit. Choose to do something out of your own intention. Are you prepared? Make changes, come out of your comfort zone. Pull in the support and resources you need. If you have finally decided that what you want has enough value to make sacrifices than it is time to start goal setting. Here are a few focus tips I use and apply to any goal.
1. Complete a life audit. You know you want it but block with all the clutter in your life. Take time to assess. I share more about this on my Personal Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/morgan.kate.37
2. Set the schedule. I suggest doing this before you sign up for the gym, course, or workshop. You have already lifted the pressure of wondering if it will fit in. Make room, than look for the right Training Facility, Teacher or Course.
3. Book your consultation NOW. Waiting another day, a week or month is just procrastination. The process begins when you do. If your goal is related to fitness you can sign up for your FREE TRANSFORMATION SESSION: http://morgankatefitness.com/transformation-session/
4. Sign up with a friend or have an accountability partner. This may be someone you know, someone from the community you join or even your coach. Share your goals and they can keep you accountable. Being with like minded individuals can help you stay focused and feel understood. I host a Private Facebook Group with women trying to practice healthier lifestyles and it is just to support one another as we blow through this healthy living thing, or maybe your stumbling around a bit. That's ok? We all need a little push sometime. Come visit: www.facebook.com/groups/Hamiltonfemalefitness/
5. Track your progress. Take photos, keep a journal or log. This will allow you to see how every effort you have made to this point has been building towards your goals. It will give your perspective and ground you when things feel a little tough.
Every goal takes work, it starts the moment you set one. You have to set yourself up for success, make a schedule, show up and put in the work. All of these things take effort and time. Some days will be super awesome and other days will be down right hard. However, have the right systems in place. Be honest with yourself and hold yourself accountable and you can accomplish anything you put your mind and heart too. Start slaying my loves.