What Negativity Does To The Soul
I am a big believer that that energy we choose to pull into our space, will eventually have a direct reflection to the things that surround us. If we constantly worry about something, it is only a matter of time before it will come into action. Carrying heavy energy like negativity wears at our soul, it makes us tired, pulls away our focus and straight up bums us out. I know it is not always easy to turn it off but spending time healing is good for the mind, body and soul. There are the people with a positive mind sets and they face challenges too. The negativity feeds on your positivity. So also, be mindful of the effects other peoples negativity has on you. It is ok to separate yourself from the negativity and drama. It is in those times the real beauty of life will have the chance to show. Plus, you can still support to those struggling or having a tough time, but what really needs to happen is they need to work on helping themselves. You can be there to support in that journey or even be the words of encouragement. However, they need to take the action to pull in their own positivity, not high jack you of yours. So whether your carrying the heavy energy, or your the healer or the shoulder to lean on, we need place focus on pulling in the positive. Using strong affirmations and mantras to maintain our focus each day.
There are a few things I do each day to maintain my focus and keep the negativity at bay.
1. I start each day with a positive affirmation. I look in the mirror and each day I say, "Today will be a good day." I say it with a smile. Some days I wake up tired or feel the stress of life. However, acknowledge the positive and putting that smile on the day instantly makes me feel better.
2. I journal. I write often. I don't keep things in my head too long. It is there we get caught over analyzing and our anxiety rises and our focus gets clouded. If I feel something I write it out, I get it out of my system and face it.
3. Symbols. On those really heavy days I have a couple items I wear that includes a bunch positive vibes. I have my Lokai bracelet that represent the high and lows we experience. I wear my necklace that symbolizing my growth. They act as reminders through out my day. They represent something positive and I believe they hold positive vibes for me when I can use a little extra help.
4. I mediate. I spend time each days. Just minutes somedays. I enjoy reflecting and expressing gratitude. It is so easy to get caught up in all the junk, that we forget that we have so much to be grateful for. I also believe gratitude reciprocates.
5. I choose who I spend my time with. This is the biggest area of growth for me. Creating distance to those who effect my energy. I once thought I was neglecting these relationship but when I started to feel better with space, I realized that the relationships weren't fulfilling any person involved. My distance came from a place of love for them, my presence was encouraging their negativity because I was enabling it. Plus, the space provided me clarity of who I was and I now can help people in a clearer light.
6. R&R. Take time each week to chill. Take a bath, listen to music, go to yoga or take a walk. Whatever it is, let it be something that is relaxing, low pressure and low stress. Something you truly enjoy.
7. Disconnect. Each day I set boundaries. I turn it all off. I don't answer emails, text or phone calls. This is so my mind and soul can enjoy the little rest we seem to get each day.
I am not saying it is easy but we do need to care of our mind and soul. After all our body is the vessel that carries them. We can't have one without the other. It is a balancing act. This is the one life we were giving to live. What's coming is coming, so let's set ourselves free and try and find just a small fraction of peace. It starts with you. Try a few of the tips and let me know how they work for you. Better yet! Share some of your own tips.